Friday, April 29, 2011

Just a Short Trip to Maui


Ok, so I had a very quick five day trip to Maui but it was as sweet as the
pineapple that still grows there! If you make it to Maui… or shall I say
when you make to Maui, If you want to snorkel Molokini Crater, go early,
I mean early! The earlier, the less likely you are to be snorkeling in a parking lot
of boats. We had the place to ourselves and it was just beautiful. Also, head to
turtle arches also known as turtle town to be graced by the large Hawaiian green
sea turtles You can also find eagle rays, white tip sharks, if you’re lucky and
the famous humuhumunukunukuapuaa state fish!

If you’re staying on the Lahaina or Kaanapali side or just want to take go out on
the water there, check out sailings to or around Lanai. They have great snorkel
spots and you may get lucky and spot a school of spinner dolphins! I was once snorkeling
off shore and a school swam past, I couldn’t believe how fast, playful and cognizant they
were of us in the water!

Ok all that snorkeling must make you hungry right? If you’re into healthy food and you’re
on a bit of a budget. I highly recommend
Down To Earth! They have a full food bar of
vegan food that is so delicious that sometimes I wonder…. how do they make it so ono?!

Also head to Costco right from the airport to get some great fresh fruit, salad and fish
especially if you’re staying in a condo. You can even find ahi and the Hawaiian favorite,
poke which is ahi and scallions, shoyu. Pick up the chocolate & coffee gift souvenirs as
they are inexpensive compared to the shops you’ll find as you walk around. Make sure to
get some for yourself… they are pretty good!

Head to Hula Grill on Kaanapali Beach and order the
crab wontons and fish and chips…trust me when I say this, they are so good! Fish & chips made
with ono fish and a spicy sauce and the wontons you dip into a wasabi sauce. All that and a view
of the ocean at a very moderate price! Go and let me know what you had!



1 comment:

  1. Wow - you are making me hungry for Maui and ono! I can't wait till I can check out the Hula Grill.

    Great blog! Kathleen

    ReplyDelete